The company " Elektroistok " was founded in 1958 on the St .Vitus day. Its main activity was determined by a decision of constitution apprioved by the Executive Council of the People's Republic of Serbia, which said: “Transfer of power through the transmission grid system is defined in terms of Article 26 on the electric power industry , on the entire territory of the People's Republic of Serbia . Activity of " Elektroistok "expanded in late in 1958 towards designing and constructing of power facilities , therefore the year 1958 is considered as the beginning of " “Elektroistok -Projektni biro” Ltd. company foundation.
Intensive economic development , which we entered after the Second World War , following the period o war-torn country reconstruction, influenced the rapid growth of electricity consumption in industry and the households, and imposed the need for intensive building of electricity generation sources , and also the need for the formation of the modern power system .
The transfer was created and developed as an integral part of the system, important for overcoming the distance to consumers and interconnecting power plants. In its initial function, the system power- consumer was first established in Serbia 106 years ago, precisely in 1902 between HE Vučje and the city of Leskovac, eight years after the first in Yugoslavia , and 11 years after realization of the world's first transmission of electricity. The origins of the broader functions of electricity transmission are related to the year 1953, when the power system in Serbia was conceived. Then, after a long period of planned construction, especially in the period of 1950 – 1953, the lines and substations connecting the 110 kV voltage were developed and molded into the first network for the transmission of electricity
For faster and more efficient development of the electric power system, 1957 the Law on electric power industry organizations was passed, and in 1958 the appropriate organizational changes were completed in the old production- transmission and distribution organizations. According to decision of Community of power companies of Serbia and National Executive Council of the Republic of Serbia on 28 June 1958, " Elektroistok " was established, as a special power utility for electricity transmission in the transmission network . Thus transmission network became a single body of integrated power system in the united Serbian electric power industry .It includes all transmission lines and substations of 110 kV and higher.
Operational personnel , fixed and current assets ," Elektroistok " assumed by separating from the electric power industry utilities in Serbia , which previously carried out the function of electricity transmission , including: TE Belgrade , mines and power plants Kostolac, Elektrovojvodina Novi Sad , HE Zvornik , Elektrokombinat Kraljevo , Kolubara , Electric company Niš, electric company Zaječar , Electric company Leskovac and Elektrometohija Peć . At the time of its establishment " Elektroistok " had seven engineers and 320 employees.
The first major change in the organization of " Elektroistok " were conducted during the period from 1960 to 1962 . Based on the established scale and dynamics of the transmission network, the access to the implementation of the plan started. Four drive gears were formed: in Srbobran , Valjevo, Kruševac , as well as design and construction plant in Belgrade and Niš , from which the units for the design and construction of power facilities were separated later . Designing operations in " Elektroistok " - were created in 1960 in the " Plant for the design and construction" design department . In 1973, together with the changes and transformation of " Elektroistok " into business organization , came the separation of design and construction , and project office was organized as a separate basic organizations of associated labor .
In the form OOUR Projektni biro was developing until the end of 1989, when, at the beginning of the year 1990, project office was transformed into a department within PE " Elektroistok ." , until mid- 2005 when the Board of Directors of PE " Elektroistok " at the meeting on 27 of May 2005, with the approval of the Government of the Republic of Serbia ( Belgrade meeting on 23.06.2005 , the approval 023-3895/2005 ) made a decision on the foundation of :
Business company for the design, consulting and engineering of power and telecommunication facilities and systems “Elektroistok -Projektni biro” Ltd. Belgrade ,based in Belgrade , Rovinjska no. 14 , which started working on 1.07.2005 .